Re: ctrl-c doesn't reliably kill applications

On 17.03.2016 21:04, BjÃrn Stabel wrote:
> I couldn't replicate it either, but the question I started this thread
> with is unrelated to either of the ping tools.
> Here it is again:
>
> The ctrl-c shortcut doesn't reliably kill applications (anymore?).
> It has been that way for at least a year now.

I can confirm that. It's worse with native applications. In my case, I
have scripts which invoke Maven (a Java application).

Ctrl+C kills the script but the signal isn't forwarded to the Windows
process, so the Java process is stuck in the background.

To make matters worse, it tries to write to stdout which isn't properly
connected anymore. This can lead to Windows starting to trash the
harddrive until you have to turn off the computer.

Might be related to Ctrl+S/Ctrl+W handling as well (Unix kind of Scroll
Lock) which is also broken for native programs (you can freeze them but
Ctrl+W has no effect anymore until Windows freezes).

Regards,

http://blog.pdark.de/