Re: Permissions change concern

On 4/18/2016 9:53 AM, Andrey Repin wrote:
Greetings, Eliot Moss!

1) If a directory says:

    default:users::rwx
    default:group::rwx
    default:other:r-x

    and my umask is 022

    when I create a new file by "echo test > foo.bar", foo.bar's
    perms are 644, not the 755 I would expect.

Why? I'm totally expecting 644 on a FILE.
+x never set by default for files.

Ok, I concede this one, since it works as you describe on a RedHat Linux system.
The mode used in the open/creat call reduces the permissions.

2) If the directory has g+s set (visible from -s- in the flags shown
     by getfacl), the directory's group is Cygwin, and my primary group is moss,
     then the file gets created with group moss, not group Cygwin (which is
     what g+s is supposed to mean, right?)

If "Cygwin" group is part of your token, I would expect Cygwin too, in this
case.

Yes, it is part of the token, and is listed by the 'groups' command.

Regards -- EM