Re: Cygwin-2.5.0 net share wbadmin no longer working post update

Greetings, Alexandria Gutierrez!

> I been working on this today and have figured a few things out:

> The issue appears to be only be affecting us when we use ssh keys to
> authenticate. When we do not have keys for authentications the command
> gets executed successfully:

This is actually somewhat predictable.
Please check the http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/ntsec.html#ntsec-setuid-overview

> Here is the full command I am sending over ssh:

> ssh USER@cygservername -q -n -v '/cygdrive/c/windows/Sysnative/wbadmin
> DELETE CATALOG -quiet ;  [[ -f /cygdrive/c/windows/Sysnative/nfsadmin
> ]] && /cygdrive/c/windows/Sysnative/nfsadmin client stop ;
> /cygdrive/c/windows/Sysnative/wbadmin START BACKUP -user:USER
> -password:PASSWORD -backuptarget:\\\\SERVERNAME\\PATH\\TO\\SHARE
> -allCritical -systemstate -quiet;  [[ -f
> /cygdrive/c/windows/Sysnative/nfsadmin ]] &&
> /cygdrive/c/windows/Sysnative/nfsadmin client start' 2>&1

> When I have ssh keys available for USER to authenticate without a
> password, I reseive the same error:

> "ERROR - The user name or password is unexpected because the backup location
> is not a remote shared folder."

> But when I remove the keys, and I am prompted for password, the
> command executes correctly.

> This is very strange, and I am not quite sure that could be triggering this.
> Event viewer does not show anything.

> Is there anyway I can enable debug on sshd? for example /usr/bin/ssh -d ?

Yes, you can do that. Though, the results may be skewed, if you run SSHD
from another user's account. (Other than its normal one, I mean.)

--
With best regards,
Andrey Repin

Sorry for my terrible english...