Re: Query of type of memcpy (and sys_errlist) on Cygwin

Hi Tatsuro,
May be was better to not reply to a different thread ?

On 10/04/2016 05:14, Tatsuro MATSUOKA wrote:
Hello
The topic was discussed on gnuplot mailing list.
http://gnuplot.10905.n7.nabble.com/stdfn-h-error-conflicting-types-for-memcopy-and-sys-errlist-on-Cygwin-build-td20061.html
Frorm discussion there (the topic is now pending.) ,
I decided ask here.
In compling gnuplot I have met errors:
../../gnuplot/src/stdfn.h:67:8: error: conflicting types for 'memcpy'
  char * memcpy __PROTO((char *, char *, size_t));

../../gnuplot/src/stdfn.h:171:14: error: conflicting types for 'sys_errlist'
  extern char *sys_errlist[];

Ethan A Merritt suggested in the gnuplot mailing list that:
Anyhow, the correct typing for memcpy is:
    void *memcpy(void *,  const void *,  size_t);

correct, when in doubt this is a good place to look for:
http://pubs.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/9699919799/functions/memcpy.html

I have complied many times this source but I have not met such kinds of errors.
(Today I have cleanly installed Cygwin because I have cleanly install windows 10)

Any suggestions?
Tatsuro

cygwin/newlib headers are under re-shuffle to simplify the guarding clauses in the main headers. It is possible that gnuplot is misleaded and don't correctly detect memcopy as it should.

Have you tried to use latest test release ?
https://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-announce/2016-04/msg00012.html

Regards
Marco