Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: mutt-1.6.0-1

Hi,

On Wed, Apr 6, 2016 at 1:42 PM, Marco Atzeri <marco.atzeri@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 06/04/2016 11:32, Ismail Donmez wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> On Wed, Apr 6, 2016 at 12:22 PM, Marco Atzeri <marco.atzeri@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> A counter example:
>>>
>>> http://chbrauner.blogspot.de/2014/02/mutt-compiled-against-ncurses-and.html
>>>
>>> try and let me know
>>

>> I am not using a mutt colorscheme but a mintty one which mutt fails to
>> render. I will, however, try the change but a quote from the page
>>
>> "The solution is to replace a lot of the very specific color
>> specifications of the colorscheme by the value default. "
>>
>> This proves the point that mutt is unable to use 256-color specifications.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Ismail
>

> ncurse can handle 256 color.
> I doubt that mutt is different from other programs.
>

> which TERM variable are you using ?
>
>  $ TERM="xterm"
>  $ tput colors
> 8
>
> $ TERM="xterm-256color"
> $ tput colors
> 256

My TERM is also xterm-256color but however that won't matter because
looking at mutt-1.6.0/color.c

I see:

  #ifdef USE_SLANG_CURSES
  static char *get_color_name (char *dest, size_t destlen, int val)
  {
    static const char * const missing[3] = {"brown", "lightgray", "default"};
    int i;
  [...]
  #endif

and similar functions. So looks like "some" color functionality
depends on slang.

Regards,
ismail