Re: Packages not found by setup 2.873

On Mar 31, 2016, at 2:57 AM, EMMANUELLE FOURNIER <emmanuelle.fournier@partnre.com> wrote:

> I've changed in tar.bz2, because in the x86 version of program, they were in tar.bz2.

Youâve misdiagnosed the cause of the change.  Cygwin changed from distributing bz2-packed tarballs to xz-packed tarballs many months ago for both x86 and x86_64.

> But if you mean that is not a cause, I will modify this.

Iâd want better proof than what youâve provided to decide that xz is causing your problems.

> - I've modified setup in order to find packages in tar.bz2 instead of tar.xz.
>
> - There were errors for each packages, a pop-up came each time with the following message  : "Can't open (null) for readind : no such fileâ

Try your setup with a fresh set of .xz packages and an unmodified setup.exe binary, downloaded from cygwin.com.  Then if that fails, get back to us.

> 2016/03/25 16:21:28 Selected local directory: C:\D3IPARAM\setup_cygwin\cygwin-setup\http%3a%2f%2fcygwin.gicm.net%3a8080%2f

It seems youâre using bogus domain names in your setup.ini file.  http://cygwin.gicm.net doesnât resolve:

  http://downforeveryoneorjustme.com/cygwin.gicm.net

I donât know if this is the primary problem or just a contributing error, but you shouldnât have setup.exe chasing after things that donât exist.  At best, it will cause it to do a bunch of work with no useful effect.

> And I can try without "-C baseâ.

I verified that guess after I posted it: -C base is indeed not necessary.

> A final information : I've made it with x86 setup on x64 target machine. Is it a problem ? I don't think so, but I still wonder.

If you mean that youâre installing 32-bit Cygwin on a 64-bit machine, thatâs fine.  The other direction is not fine.