Re: wget seemingly modifies file access permissions on XP

> unfortunately, this did not help, not even after a reboot.

Did not help with what?

sorry if this wasn't specific enough.
"this did not help" meant the behavior described in the original message did not
change at all; cygwin wget works like before and - in comparison to mingw wget -
messes up the file permissions.

Don't try to second guess the created ACL, please.
What command do you call, and how does the ACL look afterwards?
Please send both, icacls and getfacl output of the created ACL.

attached output from both, as I don't have icacls on my system - a little
websearch revealed it was introduced with Vista - I have included cacls
output instead if this is of any help.
(legend:
index1.html was downloaded with wget cygwin,
index2.html was downloaded with wget mingw)

Btw., if you wget a file it's *supposed* to be non-executable.  Assuming
your umask is 0022, the file will be create with 0644 permissions.  The
default ACL created in this case explicitely disables execution for the
admin user if the admin user is part of the ACL.  Just run `chmod +x'
afterwards if that's the only problem.

I specifically meant exe as in windows executables, files w/ .exe suffix;
just tried "chmod +x" and you are correct, it works, my helloworld.exe
became executable indeed. thank you for that.

any idea why wget cygwin interferes with those things though?
in my understanding it should just copy/save a file from a remote server
to a local computer, without even touching file permissions or such.
several windows batch files which I use now, either have to be edited
and "chmod +x" added in all of them - or I'll just stick with wget mingw.

it's just that I wonder why this didn't happen before, maybe it's my fault
because I had replaced wget cygwin with wget mingw years ago? to be honest,
I don't remember.

greetings
Michael