Re: fts_read failed error during Cygwin find, du, etc operations

On Mar 21 10:22, Kenneth Wolcott wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 21, 2016 at 10:18 AM, Kenneth Wolcott
> <kennethwolcott@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Sat, Mar 19, 2016 at 8:56 AM, Corinna Vinschen
> >> Netapp drives are a bit tricky.  They already get some special handling
> >> in Cygwin, but that may be outdated.  For a start, can you make sure you
> >> have the csih package installed and run
> >>
> >>   $ /usr/lib/csih/getVolInfo /cygdrive/y
> >>
> >> Also, it would be interesting to see an strace of a failing command like
> >> above, e.g.
> >>
> >>   $ strace -o du.strace du -sh /cygdrive/y/Some_Large_Directory
> >>
> >> If that works fine it's worthless, but if it fails as you mention
> >> above, please send the du.strace file as attachment to this list.
> >>

> >> Thanks,
> >> Corinna
> >
> > Hi Corinna;
> >
> >   1. Many files, not necessarily a long directory name.
> >
> >   2.  Output requested:
> > $ /usr/lib/csih/getVolInfo /cygdrive/y
> > Device Type        : 7
> > Characteristics    : 10
> > Volume Name        : <vol_Eng>
> > Serial Number      : 2684354580
> > Max Filenamelength : 255
> > Filesystemname     : <NTFS>
> > Flags              : 4000e
> >   FILE_CASE_SENSITIVE_SEARCH  : FALSE
      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
      This means the drive won't be recognized as a Netapp drive.  A
      Netapp is expected to have this flag set to TRUE.  I can change
      that, but it won't probably help at all in your case.

> >   FILE_CASE_PRESERVED_NAMES   : TRUE
> >   FILE_UNICODE_ON_DISK        : TRUE
> >   FILE_PERSISTENT_ACLS        : TRUE
> >   FILE_FILE_COMPRESSION       : FALSE
> >   FILE_VOLUME_QUOTAS          : FALSE
> >   FILE_SUPPORTS_SPARSE_FILES  : FALSE
> >   FILE_SUPPORTS_REPARSE_POINTS: FALSE
> >   FILE_SUPPORTS_REMOTE_STORAGE: FALSE
> >   FILE_VOLUME_IS_COMPRESSED   : FALSE
> >   FILE_SUPPORTS_OBJECT_IDS    : FALSE
> >   FILE_SUPPORTS_ENCRYPTION    : FALSE
> >   FILE_NAMED_STREAMS          : TRUE
> >   FILE_READ_ONLY_VOLUME       : FALSE
> >   FILE_SEQUENTIAL_WRITE_ONCE  : FALSE
> >   FILE_SUPPORTS_TRANSACTIONS  : FALSE
> >
> >   3. Attached strace output.

The strace does not contain any error which isn't expected.  Are you
sure the problem occured when you created this trace?

Corinna

Red Hat