Re: Don't I get /etc/profile with a fresh installation?

Gerrit Haase writes:
> How can I see all packages in Base category, I am in offline mode, and
> it shows me only all the packages which are present in my package
> folder.
> How did you find, that there were more missing?

I just happen to know that there are more packages than just base-files
and cygwin in the base category.  You'd have to look in setup.ini,
provided it is current.

> BTW, the first issue is resolved for me now. As I was doing the
> installation in offline mode and using a local repository, and didn't
> update the base-files package in the first run, it was not picking the
> previous version, and not choking about not able to resolve required
> dependencies.

Well, you are supposed to have a self-consistent local directory to
install from.  It's not hard to create either, just tell setup to
operate in download mode (-D/--download) and point it to some
non-existing install root location (so that it determines that you
haven't got anything installed yet).  Then do your package selection and
wait until it has downloaded everything into the local directory.  You
can then install the same set of packages offline wherever you have
access to the local directory.  If you don't know yet what you'd like to
install, tell setup to install everything (-C All/--category All) and
maybe even include the sources (-I/--include-source).  But then you need
quite a bit of space for your local directory.

Lastly if you really want to see everything, not just the packages in
your local mirror, then you can use -m/--mirror-mode to tell setup you
have a clean mirror and it won't try to find out if the packages from
setup.ini are actually present and you get to see the full package list,
even though you can't install the packages that aren't available.

Regards,
Achim.