Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: openssl-1.0.2g-3

On 9 March 2016 at 15:53, Erik Soderquist <ErikSoderquist@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 9, 2016 at 5:18 PM, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>> On Mar  9 16:54, Erik Soderquist wrote:
> <snip>
>>> If I knew how, I would...
>>
>> https://cygwin.com/setup.html
>>
>> A couple of months ago I made sure that portable LibreSSL from
>> https://github.com/libressl-portable/portable.git at least doesn't
>> forget to support Cygwin, should we ever intend to switch.  I don't
>> expect any (serious) bit-rot so far.
>
> I meant that I'm not a programmer at all; I've only written scripts
> before, and am just barely started studying my first programming
> language.
>
> If actually knowing the language isn't needed, I can certainly try,
> but if knowing the language the package is written in is required, I'm
> currently woefully under qualified to take up the mantle

It isn't really usable unless you are a programmer because it isn't a
fall in replacement for openssl. [It may work but mostly needs
recompiles and a lot of programming fixes to get it to work with other
things.] I would say that if you aren't in that camp.. you don't
really need it at the moment.

> -- Erik
>
> --

Stephen J Smoogen.