Re: /usr/bin no such file or directory

On 02/24/2016 03:36 PM, Lenny Hewitt wrote:
It seems my /usr/bin has unmounted.  I've looked at some of the
have had in the past.  This is an internal new host secluded from the
internet so no anti-virus on it yet and it's not an NFS server/client.

Is this a known issue?  We have some other hosts that are not having
this problem, they are Windows XP. The particular host that I'm having
issues with is Windows Server 2008.  I'm having this issue and I'm
having another issue where /usr/share/terminfo directory becomes
scrogged. Since they are both mounts it's probably one in the same
"cause" that I'm experiencing.

It this a known issue with CYGWIN on Windows Server 2008?  Is there a
fix without rebooting the box?

I think we need a full problem report to attempt an answer.  See the
link below for details:

If you're not trying to mount '/usr/bin' yourself, and you shouldn't
be, then '/usr/bin' should be mounted.  It happens for you automatically.
We need to know why you think it's not mounted and what your system
configuration is.  Otherwise, if you are trying to mount it yourself,
don't do that.  Doing so causes blindness. ;-)

--
Larry