Re: Re[3]: Issues with ACL settings after updating to the latest cygwin.dll

On Feb 8, 2016 1:33 PM, "xnor" <xnoreq@gmail.com> wrote:

>> I have the same problem with Transmission.
>
> Sorry for another mail, but I need to make another last correction:
> It's not Transmission specific. A simple
> $ cd /cygdrive/path/to/download/dir
> $ touch test
> will result in the same broken permissions for test.
>
> Doing this in $HOME will result in these Windows permissions:
> NULL SID
> Everyone
> <My User>
> Nobody (actually non existent S-1-5-21-...)
>
> There are also no warnings and no prompt to re-order permissions.
>

> File permission for an older file (created before cygwin ACL changes):
> Everyone
> <My User>
> Nobody (actually non existent S-1-5-21-...)
>

> So the new ACL implementation simply messes up in directories with non-cygwin permissions.
>

> --

Thanks xnor for documenting the issue!  I've been on travel and didn't
have access to my cygwin installation.

In my case, I have to use CVS to download source code and executables.
Once a file is downloaded, the permissions are set.  Each file created
using the new ACL features has the NUL SID set and this in turn in
fine for regular files, but those that have an execution bit set will
not run unless I open their properties in Wnidows, change the security
permissions (which states there is a error).