Fork and crashing problems

Hello.

I know that fork issues are usually related to the BLODA programs.  I
don't think I have any installed.  At least I couldn't find any of the
listed programs in Windows' remove programs dialog.

However I still get intermittent crashes when running things like make
or configure scripts.  These seem to occur only or more often if I have
more terminals open (mintty) and/or a few suspended programs (usually
vim and perhaps some verbose program piped into less).

I was wondering if anyone else had experience with this.  Can anyone
suggest something I should have a look at?  Is some Windows resource
being exhausted?  I used to have many explorer.exe processes running too
(from run explorer.exe with a path through a script) but now with just
one running I still encounter the problem.

A quick summary of my system:  Windows 7 x86-64 (fairly often updated),
Cygwin 2.4 x86-64.  The message I get is quoted below.  I have also
attached the cygcheck output.

> 0 [main] sh 10684 fork: child -1 - forked process 7812 died unexpectedly, retry 0, exit code 0xC0000005, errno 11

Thanks.