Re: less.exe v481-1 cannot seek to EOF in CRLF file; current cygwin32, Win10 only.

On 20/01/2016 19:32, KARL BOTTS wrote:
In less.exe, when I use either the G or F commands on a largish CRLF file, it
responds:

How largish ?

On Cygwin 32 bit and W7-64 I see no problem with 224 Mbytes

    Cannot seek to that file position  (press RETURN)

in the bottom "command editing line" of the display.

No problem on LF-only files.  Does happen with either mintty or
Windows-Console,
launched from either bash or cmd.exe.

Two files are attached: Karl2.cygcheck.out, which is the 'cygcheck -s -v -r'
output,
and LessBugMoreInfo.txt, which contains background info and some speculation.

---
Karl Botts, kdbotts@usa.net

can you try to update to latest ?

You have
less                 471-1                            OK
cygwin               2.1.0-1                          OK

we are at
cygwin                                  2.4.0-1
less                                    481-1

Regards
Marco