Re: Need tips to open a socket and to debug it

Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin <at> cygwin.com> writes:

> On Jan 18 18:10, Henri wrote:
> > Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin <at> cygwin.com> writes:
> >
> > > There's no firewall involved if a simple socket call goes wrong.
> > > For AF_LOCAL Cygwin opens an AF_INET socket, but which is unbound
> > > until you call bind or connect.
> >
> > s/AF_INET/AF_UNIX/ ????? (sorry for my intrusion)
>
> AF_UNIX == AF_LOCAL.  Not available on Windows so needs emulation.
> The emulation uses local-only AF_INET sockets.

You are correct ... I simply misread your communication.

What POSIX refers to as AF_LOCAL, and SUSv3 refers to as AF_UNIX, is
an 'Unix Domain socket' ... and of course, that type of socket needs
to be emulated on Windows.

Clear. Sorry for the noise ...

Henri