Re: Taking a very long time to run /etc/postinstall/texlive-dollection-context.sh

On 1/18/2016 8:08 PM, Kenneth Wolcott wrote:
On Mon, Jan 18, 2016 at 2:45 PM, Ken Brown <kbrown@cornell.edu> wrote:
On 1/18/2016 4:06 PM, Kenneth Wolcott wrote:

Hi;

Taking a very long time to run
/etc/postinstall/texlive-dollection-context.sh

How long should it take?  I've had to terminate it prior to completion
a couple of times because I had to logout of the machine (Windows 2008
Standard server).  The longest I had it run  was about 18 hours.

It should take less than a minute.  Here's what the script does:

/usr/bin/fmtutil-sys --enablefmt cont-en/pdftex
/usr/bin/fmtutil-sys --enablefmt cont-en/xetex
/usr/bin/fmtutil-sys --byfmt cont-en

Can you run those commands manually and see what the problem is?

Ken

Thank you!

/usr/bin/fmtutil-sys --enablefmt cont-en/pdftex
       2 [main] perl 25628 child_info_fork::abort: unable to remap
IO.dll to same address as parent (0x2C0000) - try running rebaseall

You need to do a full rebase.  I recommend that you do this as follows:

1. Run '/usr/bin/rebase-trigger full'.

2. Reboot, and make sure no Cygwin processes or services are running.

3. Run setup.

The _autorebase postinstall script will take care of the rebase, and setup will rerun any postinstall scripts that previously failed.

Ken