Re: Quotes changed to odd characters in gcc error msgs

On 1/13/2016 10:05 AM, Chuck Roberts wrote:
Hello,
I am running Cygwin 2.3.0 on Windows 7. I'm new to Cygwin and trying to
learn C programming (basic ANSI C).

I'm having 2 problems.

1) When I get an error message from the gcc compiler, the quotes in the
message are turned to high ascii characters that don't make sense. How do
I fix this? My TERM variable says "cygwin".

These are probably Unicode curly quotes. They should display properly if you use one of the standard Cygwin terminals (such as mintty or xterm).

Ken