Re: getaddrinfo fails with EAI_NODATA for some valid hosts with A records

Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin <at> cygwin.com> writes:
> On Jan  7 15:39, Brian Inglis wrote:
>> getaddrinfo fails with err 7 EAI_NODATA for some valid hosts with A records.
>> Err 7 EAI_NODATA is mapped from WSANO_DATA err 11004 in Windows.
>> Can anyone reproduce failure with problem host name below?
>
> Yes, I can reproduce it, and it's a total surprise.

> I have no idea why Windows' getaddrinfo chokes on leapsecond.utcd.org
> at all.

Especially when after just one getaddrinfo call, the DNS cache is populated
with:
    leapsecond.utcd.org
    Record Name . . . . . : leapsecond.utcd.org
    Record Type . . . . . : 1
    Time To Live  . . . . : 600
    Data Length . . . . . : 4
    Section . . . . . . . : Answer
    A (Host) Record . . . : 244.34.36.97

so the DNS server is being contacted and responding normally, but it would
appear Windows GAI is failing to use that info.
Has this been reproduced on W10 so we can report this upstream?
Is there any support without an account for upstream W7 reports?