Re: Cannot Run Executable Files

On Jan 7, 2016, at 10:54 AM, Zac G. Al Wakeel <ghanimm4@gmail.com> wrote:

> when I try to run the compiled output (.exe) in which cygwin keeps thinking without giving the result.

That is not how Cygwin normally behaves.  Something is strange on your particular system.

The most common problem is interference by antimalware software, since it changes how key Windows APIs work.  Unless this is done very carefully, it can break normal user software such as Cygwin.

You can try disabling or uninstalling things like McAfee, or try the same tasks on a cleaner computer, such as a virtual machine.