This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Package containing libxml.dll
- From: Yaakov Selkowitz <yselkowitz at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 27 Dec 2015 12:58:20 -0600
- Subject: Re: Package containing libxml.dll
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAHvsuxn+-w4DaQag_OnrbyynNgWyTZx+7zWPz1rdekgLV2C=jQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <567EDC27 dot 60608 at cygwin dot com>
On Sat, 2015-12-26 at 13:27 -0500, Larry Hall (Cygwin) wrote:
> On 12/26/2015 10:35 AM, ravi r wrote:
> > I want to install the library file /usr/lib/libxml.dll.a in cygwin.
> > Installed package
> > libxml2-devel and that did not install this file. In setup program,
> > I cannot
> > find a package named libxml-devel.
> > What package in setup can I select in cygwin setup to install
> > /usr/lib/libxml.dll.a?
> You can answer questions like this one with the package search page:
> As you'll find, Cygwin does not have a package for libxml(1). If you
> it for some backwards-compatibility reason, you'll have to build it
> yourself. Otherwise, stick with libxml2.
+1, but stronger: unless someone is having some nostalgia for an
ancient GNOME 1.x program, *nothing* should be using libxml 1.x.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple