This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: rxvt for cygwin64?
- From: Marco Atzeri <marco dot atzeri at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 24 Dec 2015 19:32:58 +0100
- Subject: Re: rxvt for cygwin64?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <26785-1450944756-673263 at sneakemail dot com> <567BAC5E dot 5040100 at gmail dot com> <567C354E dot 2090800 at gmail dot com>
On 24/12/2015 19:11, cyg Simple wrote:
On 12/24/2015 3:27 AM, Marco Atzeri wrote:
Is there any plan to port rxvt to cygwin64?
rxvt is dead upstream, and rxvt without X is a hell and without
a maintainer by long time
Uhm not really a hell but is troublesome. You need to build the windows
X emulation pieces first. The fact that upstream maintenance is dead
will be a bigger issue. There may need to be items you need to deal
with at the 64bit level.
mintty is a much better solution and with an active maintainer
Your opinion on the bike shed color but the fact that there is active
development is a plus.
As mintty is the default is a bit more than my preferred bike color.
No one is maintaining "rxvt without X" or trying to port it on 64bit
so it seems to me a clear indication of a hell of issue.
Feel free to work on it, anyway
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple