This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: how to start properly the X server at session start without the X menu?
- From: Jim Reisert AD1C <jjreisert at alum dot mit dot edu>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2015 18:03:52 -0700
- Subject: Re: how to start properly the X server at session start without the X menu?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAPw2spi1=WPOK-+PQnvvjAbh0eWPB88PzrXcJ3Dr_o2xPo6FAA at mail dot gmail dot com> <567651F1 dot 4090000 at gmail dot com> <CAPw2sph6p3P-ZoW_8ZYTGgiS77zHAMw=-WdLHQbSsqHyXi6X4g at mail dot gmail dot com>
On Tue, Dec 22, 2015 at 1:55 PM, FrÃdÃric Bron wrote:
> I changed the DISPLAY variable to :0.0 in the .bashrc and it works
> again. I do not remember why I had 127.0.0.1:0.0 before.
This may be a problem in the future if your X server starts on a
sequence number other than 0.0. That can happen if the X server does
not exit cleanly, leaving its lock file in the /tmp directory.
Jim Reisert AD1C, <firstname.lastname@example.org>, http://www.ad1c.us
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple