Re: setfacl(2.4.0.14): recalculation of the ACL mask entry

On Dec 20 18:52, Houder wrote:
> Hi Corinna,
>
> According to acl(5), the mask entry (as reported by getacl) is "optional" if
> the
> acl contains no 'u:uid:perm' and/or 'g:gid:perm' entries (ace's) ... Ahem.
> [...]
> However, setfacl(1) and your setfacl also note, that the default behaviour
> of
> setfacl is to recalculate the mask entry ...
> [...]
> I decided to experiment ... See below. (the mask entry is not recalculated,
> it
> appears).

It is, but only in a limit number of scenarios.  I completely forgot
about recalculating when deleteing ACEs, in fact.  I checked this
against setfacl on Linux again, appied a patch and uploaded a new test
release 2.4.0-0.15.  The mask recalculation behaviour should now be
as close as possible to Linux, I hope.  I also renamed the --substitute
option to --set, as with Linux setfacl.

Please give it a try.  Just, if it's still wrong, I guess a patch has
to wait until after the holidays.

Thanks a lot for testing this so extensively,
Corinna

Red Hat