This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: __STRICT_ANSI__ and stdio.h
- From: cyg Simple <cygsimple at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 13 Dec 2015 11:51:19 -0500
- Subject: Re: __STRICT_ANSI__ and stdio.h
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAPYQg31yUkpu9oC1cfWTmxaBANBYcd4X18RY9Q+BVpx-o=nLBw at mail dot gmail dot com>
On 12/12/2015 2:51 AM, KIMURA Masaru wrote:
> is cygwin's __STRICT_ANSI__ and stdio.h behavior not so compatible to glibc's?
> especially, i meant routines in POSIX 1003.1:2001 (popen(), pclose(), etc).
> for a specific example, see a cparser issue i submitted.
Cygwin isn't wrong. __STRICT_ANSI__ doesn't mix with POSIX.
__STRICT_ANSI__ definitions is what you should look at for the defined
API; not POSIX 1003.1:2001.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple