This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Setup suggestion: Check for running processes before uninstalling anything.
- From: "V.99" <v dot 99 at seznam dot cz>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 2 Dec 2015 10:49:28 +0100
- Subject: Re: Setup suggestion: Check for running processes before uninstalling anything.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- Dkim-filter: OpenDKIM Filter v2.10.3 pbmail.coopexsoft.sk ACB149F734
- References: <113298733 dot 20151202021145 at yandex dot ru>
On 2.12.2015 0:11, Andrey Repin wrote:
I just got a hard case of stupidity...
Started Cygwin setup before checking if anything is running Cygwin.
Guess, what? It indeed did run. However, setup managed to uninstall mintty
before telling me that there's ssh-pageant running in the background.
I had to dig up and start shell manually to gracefully shutdown the agent.
I think it would be pretty nice of the Setup to check for running processes
before starting to make changes to the environment. IMHO.
Before updating Cygwin is useful to stop running services (as you
wrote), to check newer version of Setup, then again resume running services.
It is tedious to do it manually on each update.
So, I wrote a short script that can be useful http://pastebin.com/5rR8pbRe
.: Vlado :.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple