Re: [h-e-w] cygwin-64 2.3.1. bash fails when running under FSF emacs 24.5

So... started my homework... Got fresh w10 vm, put cygwin64 and both
versions of emacs 24.4 and 24.5 from fsf ftp onto it....

And trying to start bash as shell fails under both  versions!

=> I was mistaken in the origin of my instance of 24.4 (it must have
come from another source, and I do not remember which)....
     It says: GNU Emacs 24.4.1 (x86_64-w64-mingw32)  of 2014-10-21 on KAEL

=> both versions from fsf ftp appear to be compiled using mingw
     GNU Emacs 24.5.1 (i686-pc-mingw32) of 2015-04-11 on LEG570
     GNU Emacs 24.4.1 (i686-pc-mingw32) of 2014-10-24 on LEG570

So the difference seems to be in the difference of mingw compilation mode.

That's as far as I got tonight. Maybe someone has knowledge to share
about the cause and what to do about this?

Regards,

D.

# Dominique de Waleffe
# ddewaleffe -at- gmail -dot- com