Re: Cygwin installer: "Next" button should not be default on "Select Packages" page

Greetings, Brian Mathis!

> Current behavior:
> I have, many times, started typing something into the Search box at
> the top of the page and instinctively press Enter.  Because the Next
> button is default, this causes the installer to advance to the
> installation stage (which may take a while as the actual installation
> occurs, so it is not easy to quickly go back and change the package
> selection).

> Expected result:
> Search filter should be applied and installer should not advance to
> next stage until Next button. is explicitly clicked.

The "Next" button should be the default action, however, in your specific use
case, the current behavior is, indeed, undesirable.

> It doesn't matter that the search box dynamically updates the results;
> there is still a natural instinct to press Enter after typing in the
> search query.

I don't know. I've long since unlearned that habit.
And not only because of Cygwin setup. Many applications adopted the same
pattern of dynamically filtered list, and it is actually very useful.

--
With best regards,
Andrey Repin

Sorry for my terrible english...