Re: gnuplot 5.x.x.x not starting correctly in 64-bit CYGWIN console

>>  The command 'cygcheck /usr/bin/gnuplot.exe' should give you that
information.

>> Ken

Doing so finds several required DLL's but also reports

  cygcheck: track_down: could not find cyglua-5.1.dll

which is interesting because running the command

  lua

enters an interactive mode (unlike gnuplot), which suggests that 'lua'
might be working.

If cyglua-5.1.dll is part of the normal 64-bit CYGWIN download then

1) I don't understand why it wasn't downloaded and installed
automatically when I updated, and

2) I'm not sure what package(s) I would have to manually (re)install in
order to get the 64-bit version, and

3) it may or may not fix the gnuplot startup problem.

I might add that running 'cygcheck gnuplot' from my 32-bit CYGWIN
installation finds cyglua-5.1.dll in C:\win32app\cygwin\bin\cyglua-
5.1.dll. Of course this version does not work with 64-bit gnuplot.

jjo

(Sorry for the lack of previous context, but I did not receive a copy of
Ken's message in my e-mail box to reply to.)