Re: How to correctly rebase?

On 10/15/2015 4:53 PM, Warren Young wrote:
On Oct 15, 2015, at 7:16 AM, Dr Rainer Woitok <rainer.woitok@gmail.com> wrote:

/usr/share/texmf-dist/tex/plain/gustlib/licz/licz-tst.mex: skipped because not rebaseable

I think these are a harmless confusion of mex-the-Metafont-format with mex-the-Octave-plugin-format.

You can ignore them.

It would be nice if rebase were smart enough to look for *.mex and *.oct only in known Octave directories, but it isnât my itch, so Iâm not going to be doing anything about it.

The following DLLs couldn't be rebased due to errors:
  /usr/bin/cygintl-8.dll
  /usr/bin/cygiconv-2.dll

I got similar errors in my testing, though with different libraries.  I reinstalled those library packages and the errors went away.

Another possibility is that those DLLs were in use. Rainer, did you make sure that no Cygwin processes were running other than dash?

The only complaints I still see are about a 32-bit libstdc++ for cross-compiling on this 64-bit system, which is harmless.

QUESTION: I called "rebaselst" with  the "--cleardb" option which should
cause it to pass "-b 0x70000000" to "rebase" (this is an "i386" system).
Why then are we starting above at a base of 0x32b40000?

Because BLODA?

No, it's because rebase is called with the -s option, which implies the -d option, which means that it starts at 0x70000000 and works down. Rainer, you can run 'rebase -is' to see the full list of base addresses.

Ken