Re: [Attn: base-files maintainer] Changing /etc/profile to add more shell-dependent settings

On 14/10/2015 19:27, Andrey Repin wrote:
Greetings, Adam Dinwoodie!
That, however, doesn't give me anywhere to put the Bash fzf script.
It's not POSIX compliant, so I don't want to use ".sh".  I can't
find any directory other than /etc/profile.d that Bash trawls, though.
If my opinion matters, I would advocate making scripts POSIX compliant, unless
there's strong reason to explicitly require shell-dependent functionality.

The script is fundamentally dependent on Bash features -- it's binding keys in the Bash interactive shell -- and cannot be made POSIX compliant.

It's also part of the fzf project, and making extensive changes like that as part of packaging someone else's code seems to rather negate the point in doing the packaging.