Re: gcc-core requires libvtv0?

On 13/10/2015 18:08, Achim Gratz wrote:
cyg Simple writes:
On 10/13/2015 6:44 AM, Achim Gratz wrote:
I guess we need to
enable different dependencies for "prev", "curr" and "test" in setup.ini.

I'm surprised that this hasn't occurred already because of this.  Yes
the dependency tree needs to be needs to be cognizant of version of
dependencies as well as differing libraries.

Already happened all the time we have test versions that bump libs.
It is also one of the reason why going "prev" is not always possible.

It likely would have occured already if it was a simple patch to setup.
But it minimally needs changes to cygport, setup.hint, setup.ini and
upset as well, so here we are.

I agree. It is a really a substantial job and should include
moving from setup.hint to <package>-<version>.hint to correctly manage
all dependencies.

As upset seems a big blob, I doubt we will have voluntaries to add that portion. Plus of course we need to modify setup-<arch>.exe to correctly manage the new setup.hint.

Regards,
Achim.

Regards
Marco