Re: Cygwin bash for loops : repeated errors : [main] bash 1972 fork: child -1 - CreateProcessW failed for <bash.exe> errno 9 bash: fork: Bad file descriptor

Hi Paul,

I also get Bad File Descriptor errors, though in a quite different situation, see my recent topic "gawk: Bad File Descriptor error with concurrent readonly access to a network file" on Sep 25. There seems to be some issue in some file opening process that occurs with parallel processes and eventually concurrent file access (as in my case). May be the basic problem behind is similar to yours?

Kind regards,
Wolfgang