Re: cygwin potentially corrupting permissions?

Greetings, Linda Walsh!

> Andrey Repin wrote:
>> Your system seems to be mangled. There should be no "root" user.
>>
>> Also, please avoid top posting as per list rules.
> ----
>         You are missing one?  Don't tell me, you have
> Administrator instead?

No, I have my own account, that's quite enough.

> Maybe that's why you see Greg's messages as top-posted, where
> as I saw him as interleaving his response w/what I said? ;-)

>         If you have Win7-Pro or above, you can rename Admin
> and Guest accounts --

You can rename them in NT4, too. Just sayin'.

> which is recommended for security reasons.

Obscurity has no relation to security.
Oh, and these both are disabled on my systems.

> If you read windows 'rules', you'd know that... (so many rules
> to read...really hard for someone to keep up)...

There's no such rules as "rename default accounts".
It makes no sense and bears no reason.

--
With best regards,
Andrey Repin