Re: Issues encountered with new Cygwin version

> > I believe the target of the symlink should be "protocol" (i.e.
> > singular)
>
> Err. That is. How did no one found it earlier?
---
    Because it is plural on unix/linux?  MS seems to have misspelt it?

I believe it's "misspelt" due to the 8 character limit for legacy file
names, and the weird thing is the script
(http://sourceware.org/ml/cygwin/2002-09/msg00590.html) should already be
handling it; Something must've changed in the script, and I don't even know
where to find the change log for the script.

Regards,
~WL