Re: workflow idiom to compare zip/tgz with folder subtree

On 9/22/2015 9:06 PM, Paul wrote:
Andrey Repin <anrdaemon <at> yandex.ru> writes:
Git, Subversion... basically any sane VCS out there.

Ah, yes....I've managed to avoid version control all these years
because I wanted the convenience of bash file management and changing
things on a whim as I see fit.  And for lack of time to learn yet
another system.  I see the lesson here.  The right tool for the right
job, and there's no getting around the learning curve and the
sacrifice in flexibility.  OK.  I have it on my radar.  I will have to
find time to try it out.  Thank you!

There are also various backup tools based on rsync and compression.
One of these is called duplicity, and it supports encryption as well.
But I suspect there are a number of these and that you can find one
that matches your task ...

Eliot Moss