Re: Error accessing mapped drive >2TB?

On Sep 16, 2015, at 7:39 AM, Nem W Schlecht <nemws1@gmail.com> wrote:

> I would think if it was an issue with Mac's SMB implementation, then
> *Windows* would also have some sort of issues with it.  But it shows
> up fine on Windows, I would assume it should show fine in Cygwin as
> well.

More than that: Cygwin doesnât contain an SMB client.  (I mean, not at the cygwin1.dll level.)  It is just using what Windows gives it.

Thatâs why Iâm grasping at straws like the path error in the strace output, since the only thing that makes sense to me is a problem in the way Cygwin is interpreting what it gets from Windows, rather than the SMB protocol peers doing the wrong thing.

I suppose it could be that Windows Explorer and cygwin1.dll are making different NT kernel syscalls, and that explains the problem.  Lacking a ârealâ strace on Windows, Iâm not sure how to test that.  Maybe Process Monitor could do this?

  https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896645

There is also this, one of the Google results for âWindows straceâ:

  http://www.drmemory.org/strace_for_windows.html