Mailing list CCing etiquette [Was: Problem with git and file mode changes]

On Sat, Sep 05, 2015 at 12:13:51PM +0200, Dani Moncayo wrote:
> (BTW, did you keep my address in CC?  Because I didn't get any of your
> replies.  I had to check the mailing list web archive [1]).

Standard procedure on this list (which I think is different to most such
lists, but it's afaik what this list has always done) is to only CC
people if there's an explicit reason to assume they're not subscribed
(which normally means because they've said so).  Otherwise we just
assume they've subscribed to the list and will see responses that way.