Re: Some programs (vi, ssh) crash when screen buffer height is big

On Aug 28, 2015, at 2:49 PM, Sous Lesquels <a9f54d2@gmail.com> wrote:

> Console size to me sounds like some kind of buffer
> overflow

Quite possibly.

> not some intrinsically non-POSIX thing that MS console does.

Andrey wasnât trying to tell you that the bug is happening because of a POSIX violation.  His brush-off reply was a reference to the fact that because mintty behaves much better with Cygwin programs, very few people will be using your particular combination of alternatives, so very few people will care to solve the problem.  And when it does get solved, very few people will benefit.  Maybe only you.

Therefore, donât hold your breath waiting for someone else to fix it for you.