Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Early Deprecation Notice: Windows XP and Server 2003 support

On 26 August 2015 at 06:23, Andrey Repin <anrdaemon@yandex.ru> wrote:
> Greetings, Corinna Vinschen!

>>> I hope I can customize it to behave like XP (only the goodies of
>>> course).
>
>> http://classicshell.net
>
> That doesn't solve the hotkeys bound at driver levels, unfortunately.
> Half of my keyboard dead now thanks to the move to Win7.
>
> Anyway, on the topic: All I could ask is to give us a notice when the final
> build for XP is available, so that we could prepare own mirrors.

You will need more than mirrors. You will need to  set up a parallel
stack of builders and other tools because this will be a fork of
anything compiled against Cygwin from then on. You will also need to
look at how you are handling any bugs or problems utilities have in
rebuilding (but that is a longer term issue). Having had to do this in
the past, it will be better if you try to call this something
different. The reason being is that if you keep the name then when a
support ticket comes in from a user with Cygwin is it yours.. is it
the one they downloaded from the main site.. is it a version in
between?

--
Stephen J Smoogen.