Re: Cygwin ssh and Windows authentication

Greetings, Jarek!

> So why are they not needed as your comment doesn't really explain that

Read 1.7.35 changelog.
In short, username resolution was completely reworked, thanks to Corinna, and
Cygwin now directly address domain controllers for it.

> and how exactly did I screwed up my setup if I can actually access the
> server with a domain user account no problem?

On that, I'm surprized.

> Perhaps it's not how it works but it somehow works so again would be good to
> know why. It's only domain groups that don't work. Even if I set the service
> account to run under a domain account how would this fix my problem with
> group access assuming in current setup it works for domain users but not for
> groups?

> Again if not the /etc/passwd or /etc/group files then what controls the
> access?

/etc/passwd/group has nothing to do with "access control".
The files were only used to convert Windows to Cygwin names (and supply other
Cygwin-specific information), on the presumption that there will never be too
much of it. This is now done on the fly, allowing to deploy Cygwin in large
domains.

P.S.
I would appreciate, if you don't top-post.

--
With best regards,
Andrey Repin

Sorry for my terrible english...