Re: Cygwin date displays only GMT on Win7

On 7/7/2015 6:39 PM, Siv wrote:
Hi, I just moved to Win7 from XP and installed Cygwin :

Cygwin1.dll properties :
File Version : 1007.28.0.0
Product Version : 1.7.28
Date Modified : 04-02-2014

a bit old I should say

$ bash --version
GNU bash, version 4.1.10(4)-release (i686-pc-cygwin)

One major problem is that it is showing only GMT time.
In the WinXP env, it used to show the same time as System time (GMT +05.30).
But here it is only GMT and it is breaking many things.

Should I change the locale setting or the LC_TIME or TZ?
I tried setting :
set env `locale -f en_IN.utf8`
but cygwin says :
Environment variable env `locale -f en_IN.utf8` not defined
tzset: can't find matching POSIX timezone for Windows timezone "India
standard time"
locale -a shows an entry en_IN.utf8.

try en_IN.UTF-8

$ locale
LANG=en_IN.UTF-8
LC_CTYPE="en_IN.UTF-8"
LC_NUMERIC="en_IN.UTF-8"
LC_TIME="en_IN.UTF-8"
LC_COLLATE="en_IN.UTF-8"
LC_MONETARY="en_IN.UTF-8"
LC_MESSAGES="en_IN.UTF-8"
LC_ALL=

what tzset now ?

Googling is taking me to solutions in perl/C programs - but I want the
solution in plain bash script

Any other parameter is needed to answer or am I missing something critical?