socat-1.7.3.0-2 fork process sometimes lingers

socat-1.7.3.0-2
Cygwin 2.0.4(0.287/5/3)
Windows 7 x64 SP1

Since upgrading socat today I've noticed that when I CTRL+C to terminate it sometimes the spawned process won't terminate. For example open two Cygwin terminals and:

In one:
socat tcp-listen:8080,reuseaddr,fork -

And then in the other:
nc localhost 8080

In the one where socat is running CTRL+C. It will appear to end but sometimes the spawned process lingers. When that happens nc will not terminate either and the connection still shows as established (even though the parent process which supposedly held the connection has ended). This is not exclusive to nc I have this same problem with the client applications I am using to connect to socat. They think the connection is still established so they won't end.

It may take a couple of tries to reproduce. I can reproduce about 20% of the time.

I cannot reproduce using the socat.exe from socat-1.7.2.4-1.

The cygcheck has too much personal information but I have attached the package versions section.