RE: Unable to run excel via cron

Well, not so lucky anymore.  Last night I re-ran my Excel test on the Win7 PC that worked previously and now it doesn't work.  So I guess some Win7 patch must have come along and "fixed" something.

Denis

Larry Hall wrote:

On 06/17/2015 12:55 PM, Kertz, Denis (D)** CTR ** wrote:
> We are running cron under the specific cygwin login (not cyg_server).

> Presumably there is a solution to this problem. We have 3 Win7 Pro PCs
> and  this works on one of the PCs (unfortunately, not the one where we need it to
> work) and fails on the other two PCs.

The behavior here has always been somewhat unpredictable.  Some have luck
getting this to work post-XP, some don't.  Some, like you, sometimes have
luck.  It's not clear why.  But it is clear that MS changed the behavior
in Vista and beyond for security reasons.  They are trying to make this
difficult if not impossible to do.  As Corinna mentioned, getting an
Windows authenticated token for the user running the server may help.
Or not. ;-)

--
Larry