Re: Problems running gdb in emacs on Windows 8.1

On 6/18/2015 8:09 AM, William M. (Mike) Miller wrote:
On Thu, Jun 18, 2015 at 7:53 AM, Jon TURNEY <jon.turney@dronecode.org.uk> wrote:
On 17/06/2015 15:53, William M. (Mike) Miller wrote:

I'm having numerous problems recently running gdb inside emacs (both
-w32 and -X11):

[...]

All of these things used to work fine.  I'm not sure exactly when
things changed, as I didn't update my Cygwin installation for quite a
while.  My current installation has gdb 7.9.1-1 and emacs 24.5-1.

Any thoughts on what the problem might be and how to fix it would be
appreciated.

gdb 7.9.1-1 is supposed to be marked as a test release, so I am not sure how
you come to be running it without explicitly asking for it.

In any case, you might try downgrading to gdb 7.8-2 to see if that changes
anything.

Thanks for the reply.  Unfortunately, I was having the same problems
with gdb 7.8-2 and installed the latest to see if it helped.  It
didn't.

Can you give a detailed recipe for reproducing the problem (preferably starting from 'emacs -Q' and using gdb 7.8-2)?

Ken