Re: cygwin memory leak

On Jun 11, 2015, at 2:06 PM, Frank Morauf <frank@morauf.de> wrote:

> Running the following lines let windows physical memory grow until no
> more left (task-manager: physical memory).

Iâve run it here in two separate sessions of about 10 minutes each.  Memory usage isnât growing.  Windows 10 preview, 64-bit OS and 64-bit Cygwin.

> The taken memory is never
> freed until os restart.

I donât think Cygwin could do that even if it wanted to, given that you donât have any Cygwin services running.  Once the last Cygwin process dies, the OS *will* release the memory it was holding.

cygcheck didnât seem to find any BLODA on your system, but that seems a more likely explanation than that Cygwin â a purely user-space program â has somehow caused a kernel-level memory leak.

> Tested on three different Windows 7 x64 machines with actual
> cygwin 2.x (32 and 64 bit).

Try testing with all antimalware software disabled, or better, uninstalled.