RE: From Microsoft: Windows 10 Console and Cygwin

Thank you, Corinna and Ismail. I had added an item for this to the console backlog and attached your email (with my annotations) and is_a_tty code to it.

--Rich

-----Original Message-----
From: Corinna Vinschen [mailto:corinna-cygwin@cygwin.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 2, 2015 9:50 AM
To: cygwin@cygwin.com
Cc: Rich Eizenhoefer
Subject: Re: From Microsoft: Windows 10 Console and Cygwin

Hi Rich,

On Jun  2 16:37, Rich Eizenhoefer wrote:
> Can you provide more detail on changing isatty function to support
> Cygwin PTY's? I need to be able to support the request in our backlog.

As I outlined in https://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2015-05/msg00029.html,
I'm wondering if the MSVCRT guys would really like to support this, but if they are willing to consider that, I have a POC implementation of a MSVCRT isatty replacement implementation I once created for a customer.  I attached it to this mail.  It's entirely self-written, free for any usage, no strings attached.  Feel free to use it as you see fit.

Thanks,
Corinna

Red Hat