mintty project

As a contributor to mintty, some sent me a notice discussing the move to github (http://www.reddit.com/r/cygwin/comments/37vgwi/what_happened_to_minttys_maintainer_andy_kopp/) and now there is already a github fork of mintty (https://github.com/nowox/mintty/tree/master/src). I'd like to discuss what you (cygwin maintainers and others) think of this move, whether it's good for mintty to be hosted on github. Personally I feel that a platform like sourceforge provides a more professional project environment which would provide more confidence in stable project development.
What do you think?
Thomas