Re: Trouble with Git 2.1.x pushing to repos over Samba

On Apr 30 04:11, Michael Enright wrote:
> Corinna,
>
> Do you think the snapshot would change the outcome in my case?

I think so.

> I haven't used a snapshot before. Is there a tutorial on how to get
> onto and off of a snapshot? Or should I test by using a VM?

Just download the cygwin DLL matching your architecture (x86/x86_64),
that is

  http://cygwin.com/snapshots/x86/cygwin1-20150430.dll.xz or
  http://cygwin.com/snapshots/x86_64/cygwin1-20150430.dll.xz

Unxz it, chmod +x it.  Exit all Cygwin processes (even services), move
the original cygwin1.dll to a safe place.  Copy the snapshot DLL into
its place, renaming it to cygwin1.dll.  Start a shell.  Test.  Exit the
shell.  Remove the new DLL and move the original DLL back into its
place.  That's it.

Corinna

Red Hat