Re: Cannot change console mode during usage of expect

Marco Atzeri <marco.atzeri <at> gmail.com> writes:
<snip>

OK, I've done both this morning and neither work.  I've figured out
a bit more, In general, expect is working with non password tests.
So I have turned off anything that would test a password and I'm
 running my automation now.

Again to be clear... fmsadmin works in the Cygwin window when
typing in commands by hand.  It is the interaction with expect that
is the issue.  Now we know it's specifically password handling.

Keith

P.S.

Last comment is just in passing and for my understanding.  Why
install Cygwin on Windows if you can't interact with the local
Windows executables.  If your not suppose to run any of the local
Windows applications then why not just install Linux or some other
flavor of unix.  I believe the ONLY interesting part of Cygwin is
allowing the interaction between Windows and Unix and the effort
fails if integration is not allowed and extended. It's one thing to be
a purest but I believe the over 2000 people who downloaded winpty
would agree with me.  BTW it's OK that you disagree.  This is just my
opinion and I'm trying to use Cygwin to save a lot of effort and help
your effort along the way.  So far, except for this one thing it has
helped me.  :)