Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] TEST RELEASE: Cygwin 2.0.0-5

> I would suggest not to use passwd and group files anymore, unless you're
> in a situation with no connection to the account DB (e.g.  AD member
> machine without connection to the DC).

If you mean remove the /etc/passwd and /etc/group files, that didn't
work for me.  Xwin crashed the same way.

"mkpasswd" isn't an option for me, everyone in the company will be
added to the password file (I tried it).  Non-starter!

- Jim

--
Jim Reisert AD1C, <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.us